Château de Hartes
In 1972, Philippe Mazeau settled in the estate, consisting of a single block of 15 hectares of vines grown on a picturesque hill in the heart of the Entre-Deux-Mers region. It overlooks a magnificent panorama of vines, forests, and meadows with villages, Roman churches, châteaux and charming abodes emblematic of «la petite Toscane», or «little Tuscany», as the region is nicknamed.
- Appellation : Bordeaux.
- Area under vine : 15 hectares.
- Grape varieties : 45% Cabernet Franc, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot.
- Average age of vines : 35 years.
- Soil type : clay and limestone.
- Ageing : in vats for twelve months.
- Tasting Notes : careful vinification gives the red wine : depth, elegance and length in the mouth. The floral bouquet of the Cabernet variety is predominant in the wine’s youth but develops later towards the more complex aromas of a Grand Vin de Bordeaux.